EMF, Inc. is seeking a Welder for a position in Merritt Island, Florida.
A Welder is responsible for fine precision welding, assembly and fabrication of assemblies, weldments, and products.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Joining, fabricating, and repairing ferrous and non-ferrous metals using GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW per AWS Dl, 1, AWS Dl.2, AWS Dl.3, AWS D1.6 and AWS D17.1.
- Weld both vertical and horizontal plane geometry
- Achieves required cosmetic finishes with angle grinders and sanders under close supervision
- Set-up, lay-out, and tack-up of various geometries of precision frame weldments, structures, tubing and brackets to tight tolerances
- Grinds and descales material when necessary
- Use all cranes, hoist, lifting and safety equipment according to safety requirements and industry best practices
- Review, understand, and complete all required documentation that accompanies work assigmnents (including travelers/ data packages)
- Inspect quality of work of self and others
- Possess a dedicated work ethic to expedite all assigned task trough the department within the guidelines of the Quality - Policy and Procedures
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Perform assigned jobs efficiently, with minimal errors and high-quality workmanship
- Communicates defects and concerns with supervisor; seeks guidance/instructions as needed
Works individually or as a team; willing to cross-train as necessary
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in a metal contract manufacturing environment (preferable for U.S. Government prime contractors)
- Have knowledge of welding standards, codes, best practices, techniques, and welding procedures
- Proficient in pulse/pulse aluminum MIG 4043 or 5356 filler
- Ability to read/interpret complex blueprints, layouts, drawings including ANSI/ASME welding symbols and instructions
- Experience working in an AS9100 regulated environment
- Knowledge of geometric tolerance drawing interpretation and shop math
- General knowledge of the behavior of metals heated to welding temperatures, rates and conditions of cooling, crystallization, etc.
- Proficient with torch, track-torch, and plasma cutting
- Demonstrated experience in welding processes; must be able to pass a welding proficiency test
- Must have, or acquire and maintain all required hand tools, welding tools and measuring tools to support departmental work assigmnents
- Basic Microsoft Office applications
- Completed high school or equivalent. Basic math skills required. Vocational training is a plus
Travel & Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., be able to push, pull, sit, stand, and bend up to 8 hours per day
- Overtime as required to meet project goals