Sheet Metal Technician
EMF, Inc. is seeking a Sheet Metal Fabricator/Technician for a position in Merritt Island, Florida.
This Sheet Metal Fabricator works with limited supervision, sets up and operates sheet metal equipment according to specified daily work orders. Converts drawings and models; into precise, precision usable parts for flight hardware. Sets up, operates manual and CNC punch press, press brake, along with other sheet metal processing equipment. Checks parts to ensure accuracy to print. Fills out production paperwork and follows shop system data collection on a daily basis.
Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner, including the return of tools to designated areas.
Follows company inspection procedures. Adheres to established company policies, procedures, and confidentiality requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in sheet metal fabrication
- Knowledge and use of basic hand/assembly tools , examples: nut plate, all types of rivet installation
- Good math skills
- Ability to read and operate basic QC measuring equipment
- Good oral/written reading communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk up to 8 hours or more
- Computer literacy, some CAD knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Metal Fabrication: 3 years
- Sheet Metal: 3 years