Offline CNC Programmer
EMF, Inc. is seeking an Offline CNC programmer for a position in Merritt Island, Florida.
In this position you will provide offline programming and machining expertise in support of our continued growth in the CNC manufacturing department. Curiosity, competency and confidence are a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop CNC programs using Camworks for mills based on engineering drawings and models.
- Analyze drawings, blueprints, and design data in order to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds and feed rates.
- Monitor output and proper operation of vertical and horizontal machining centers. Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure - parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements.
- Configure tools and fixtures to ensure efficient production.
- Occasionally set up and operate CNC equipment.
- Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, fixtures and gauges to check work.
- Read Instrumentation and gauges to accurately measure dimensions on parts that are being machined within a .0005 tolerance.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to monitor and modify processes to improve productivity and quality when deemed cost effective.
- Carry out other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Machine Shop Manager.
- Work Shift: Flexible working hours may be required to meet tight customer deadlines. Ability to work nights and weekends is a must.
Education and Experience: (Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
- High School or GED Diploma required - Associates Degree or Certification in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with CNC programming and operation of CNC machinery.
- Experience programming in CAD/CAM platforms essential with Camworks experience a plus.
- Must have a proficient understanding of G-code and M-code programming.
- Able to demonstrate good manufacturing practices and be able to select tooling and machining resources for manufacture of parts.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Blueprint with GD&T reading capabilities.
- Able to read instrumentation and gauges for measurement purposes.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy.
Standard machine shop environment with various types of machinery. Appropriate safety garments (PPE) must be worn.